It feels cooler. That’s good after the run of baking-hot days, though it’s likely that the afternoons this week will be sweltering, despite the morning breezes.
I had to take the car to the garage yesterday, so found myself walking back through town to catch the bus. Audiobook in, leafy streets, cool, fresh air. It was wonderful. I even found a little coffee van where a Spanish lady told me about her cats.
“I have to keep the windows closed,” she said, “Because I live on the third floor.”
“Cats eh?” I replied, not really knowing what else to say.
“Oh I wouldn’t be without them,” she countered, “They’re my babies.”
Of course, I thought. I am not a cat person, and she didn’t even have to ask. In fact I got the feeling she was irritated because I’d (accidentally) suggested her cats might be a burden. I think we all balance the equation of what we value and what we need, don’t we?
Anyway, it was a really nice morning. Today too, the sky is bright and cloudy, and the breeze swirls in through the window, fluttering my post-it notes. I am relatively happy, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment