Wednesday, 30 September 2026

NICE BLUE

It’s a nice blue day today. I probably write about the nice blue days more than I do the grey ones, but that’s okay.


I went for a walk to try to clear my head. The sky was almost Scandinavian - I mean high with altocumulus, white clouds on northern blue, fresh and hopeful. The afternoon sun made long bold shadows. I liked it.


I’m not well today. I feel really run-down, and that’s resulted in a kind of flu bug that’s zapped my energy. Cue the coughing and spluttering and generally feeling sorry for myself. Perhaps, I think to myself, I ought not to mention it and just get on with all the things that need to be done - that seems like the kind of thing that (for example) Sammy would do. Soldiering on.


I don’t think I’d make a good soldier. The army tend to iron-out the daydreaming introspectives, and I can’t imagine it would go down well to stop mid-battle and describe the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment